24 heures à Oslo 6
24 heures à Oslo 9
24 heures à Oslo 16
24 heures à Oslo 10
24 heures à Oslo 13
24 heures à Oslo 17
24 heures à Oslo 11
24 heures à Oslo 14
  • 24 heures à Oslo 1 24 heures à Oslo 7 24 heures à Oslo 5 24 heures à Oslo 3 24 heures à Oslo 15
  • 24 heures à Oslo 4 24 heures à Oslo 12 24 heures à Oslo 6 24 heures à Oslo 9
  • 24 heures à Oslo 16 24 heures à Oslo 10 24 heures à Oslo 13 24 heures à Oslo 17 24 heures à Oslo 11 24 heures à Oslo 14

Travel time

It was my first time in Scandinavia, and I was fascinated with the country! Oslo is really unique and I was on a mission to make the best of it as my trip was short.The city was charming, magical and modern, and living there must be some kind of fairytale.

One of the first stops was an industrial engineering shipyard turning shopping destination called aker brygge, which is by the pier with a great water view. For a cultural contemporary art fix, the Astrup Fearnley Museum of Modern Art did just the trick. The private collections here was unreal, with pieces by Damien Hurst, Alex israel, and Tracey Emin. Then there was the Akershus Fortress, which was a stunning medieval castle in the center, which was been around since the 1300s!

More musings about town included the opera (a total must!), parliament, and the royal palace, followed by the viking museum since I’m kind of obsessed with the vikings show on TV, which PS. if you don’t watch it, start immediately! The actors are epic, full of tattoos, six packs, long hair–the full badass look. So this was a short 10 minute ferry ride, which also included a stop to the Kon Tiki museum.

And of course, no 24 hours is complete without several food pit stops along the way. The food tasted amazingly fresh and healthy, with an emphasis on delicious seafood like no other. Some of the favorite dining spots included: Tjuvholmen Sjømagasin, Onda Sea Grill, Alex Sushi, and drinks at the Thief hotel terrace. I love how the restaurants are all on the water and have great views of the city–there’s nothing like food and wine with a view. Plus, Norwegian salmon is everything it lives up to be.

Images: kapteinmoe (aker brygge), arketipomagazine (Astrup Fearnley), female first (Akershus Fortress)

Post a comment

Thank you all so much for your messages! I read every one and they make me love what I do even more!!, xxN

1. Sylvia says:

Amazing pictures and spots… and love the idea of the Viking museum 😉 Xxx

2. Mr Wonderful says:

Merci pour ce bel article! Les photos de la ville et de ses magnifiques monuments donnent vraiment envie de visiter Stockholm et son musée Viking. A bientôt, Mr Wonderful
    http://www.mrwonderfulshop.com/fr