“Sunday Scaries” are a thing. You know when you start to get minor pangs of anxiety about the week ahead and then suddenly your bright and beautiful Sunday that you’ve been longing for and in dire need of turns into a potential meltdown because…Monday is coming? Well, that’s fixable.
Here are a few ways to start your Monday feeling energized and positive, therefore setting a good vibe for the rest of the week.
- Organize your spaces. All of them. Start the week fresh and clear of clutter so you can think and focus with no distractions. Plus, you’ll be less likely to let things pile up on different surfaces when you start neat.
- Make lists. There’s nothing more satisfying than checking off a box, or scratching an item off a to-do list. So go ahead and make a list of the things you need to accomplish on certain days, and finish by week’s end.
- Plan a girl’s night out. Or in. Make a plan to see someone that brings joy into your life. Whether it’s a fun dinner out mid-week, an early breakfast, a pilates date…get something on the calendar to look forward to.
- Exercise. We all know the benefits of a good sweat. Pack at least two into the week for mental sanity. It’ll motivate you to make healthy eating choices too.
- Do something for yourself. Whether you carve out 30 minutes after work to sit at a wine bar and read and unwind, or decide to lay in front of the tv with a mask on your face, make sure you get some you time.
- Reflect. By week’s end, take a look at the week and check in with yourself. Be proud of whatever you accomplished, take note on wherever you can improve, and start brainstorming whatever is in store to make next week even better.
Okay, now go make a delicious coffee, and get going. Monday’s are only dreadful if you decide they are. Otherwise, they are also a day of new beginnings and a fresh start.
Okay, go slay the day.
Image via Pinterest [source unknown]
By Alexis Bendjouia