Keep It Cute
As the weather starts to warm up in most cities, we start with layers and layers of clothing off. We want to show off at the beach, party parties, and the barbecues, but we can not do that with the dreaded summer bloat. I’m going to let you in on some little secrets that can make a BIG difference. You’ll be pleased with me when you’re deciding which pics to post on Instagram.
Try these tips to avoid that bloating this summer:
- Add turmeric to your morning smoothies. Turmeric is a spice derived from the turmeric plant and has many uses including inflammation decreasing especially in the joints and stomach.
- Avoid certain greens such as broccoli, cabbage and kale because they are known to promote bloating.
- Cut back on your alcohol and carbonated beverage intake. The bubbles create gas and add to the bloat.
- Add more fruits to your diet! Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and watermelon have a high water content and will help you avoid bloating.
- Increase your activity level. If you feel an onset of bloat, go for a jog, do some yoga, or another activity to get your heart up and work up a sweat.
- Water, water, water! Up your water intake to stay hydrated at all times.
I hope these tips help you stay slim this summer my loves!
Sade P. xoxo
Images & Info via Leaf, Reader’s Digest, Women’s Health, Broadband TV, YouTube, Everyday Health, WebMD & SoluHeal.