Let’s have a beauty talk today! It’s no big news that overdone make up isn’t really my thing. I’m all about natural looking and bohemian inspired make up. And, like Calvin Klein says: “the best thing is to look natural but it takes make up to look natural” !
With this approach in mind, I’ve created my 3 essential “make up looks”. For this project, I’ve teamed up with Fashiolista agency and website The Beautyst – paradise for the true make up lovers and beauty-junkies, packed with amazing content including beauty tutorials and expert tips.
The first make up will work wonders in the evening or as a party look, the second one is a nude make up for everyday (you will see that obtaining a peachy skin is almost an Art … requiring some serious preparation!) and the last look is perfect for a romantic dinner or a date.
For each look, I work on the same product basis in order to achieve flawless and radiant skin:
– first of all, I fully hydrate my skin with moisturizer, leaving it a few minutes so that it soaks into my complexion, before applying any make up
– I then start with a transparent foundation. I use Hyaluronic Hydra Primer By Terry to create the perfect basis – clearing pores and any little imperfections – and to obtain that flawless clean skin we are aiming for. This very light base enhances the long-lasting effect, facilitating any make up correction. It leaves a beautiful healthy glow ;
– after this, I apply my foundation base. I like Hyaluronic Face Glow By Terry 1, as the texture is not too rich and perfectly covers any imperfections, for a clean mat finishing. Let’s say it’s an “extra light” version of a normal foundation – meaning it plays a key role in obtaining a natural effect;
– if I can still see any imperfections, I then use the brush Pinceau Perfecteur de Teint By Terry applying it precisely in small touches.
Let me tell you that after this, your skin can only look radiant! That said, we don’t stop here and continue with the bronzer, to apply evenly on the face for a sun-kissed look : here I use the NYX enlighter. And finally, it’s time for the “contouring”, the cherry on the top, the little magic brush touch that will instantly lift and reshape your cheekbones.
For this, I use blush Platonic coral By Terry during the day and blush Sexy pink By Terry in the evening 🙂 For a natural face glow, I sometimes add just a touch on the upper eyelids.
That’s done for the complexion, let’s do the eyes now…
– Party Make Up : after many “cat eyes” failures, I have now worked out how to achieve the perfect line! The easier way is to use a gel eyeliner – here, I use gel eyeliner Betty Jet Black de NYX – to apply with a beveled brush. We start drawing the line from the inner corner of the eye to its edge. It’s easier if you close your eye and finish your line on the outside, drawing it higher up. To achieve more definition on your eyes expression, you could gradually grow the line starting form the middle of your eyelid towards its edge. Final touch: apply liberally the Haute Croissance By Terry 1 mascara . On the lips, I am wearing the Hydra Baume Combleur By Terry – Be Red 12 lipstick – applied from the center of the lips towards the outside edge, starting with the lower lip.
– Summer nude: And here we have the natural look that actually requires some serious preparation. First, we draw a thin line with a white eye-pencil NYX dimmed along the lower lash line, to open up the eyes and clear any signs of tiredness – especially if your eyes are a bit red. I am wearing two different eye shadows on my eyelids. I apply the first one overall the eyelid : it’s Nude Matt NYX eye shadow . On the outside edge of the mobile eyelid, I’m wearing Aqua Print Eye Shadow By Terry 2 – Pink frappé, it instantly gives a feelgood facial boost and its slightly iridescent effect light up the eyes. Then, I apply some brown mascara, which always look super natural ( Mascara Haute Croissance By Terry 2) and there you have it! I am also wearingHydra Baume Combleur By Terry – Nudissimo 1 lipstick.
– Smokey eyes : first thing, I start applying an eye lid base to set the eye shadow … there’s nothing worse that a dark eyeshadow running … I then use a khôl pencil and a series of brown eye shadows as I personally feel that the black ones make me look tired. I draw a line dimmed along the lash line with khôl pencil By Terry Brown 7, that I tone down with a thin brush. After this, I use kit smokey look by NYX , applying the golden eye shadow on the inner mobile eyelid with a slightly wider brush and a mat brown shade on the outside edge – that I will cover up afterwards with an iridescent brown shade. There you go for my magic tricks to obtain a beautiful color gradient effect 😉 The volume Doll Eye by NYX mascara intensifies the whole eye look. On the lips, I am wearing Baume de Rose By Terry moisturizing balm.
So … what do you think? Wanna try these make up looks to enhance your inner beauty? The good news are you could win a make up kit to create one of the 3 looks … all you have to do is participate to the Fashiolista organiser contest ! Go ahead girls … and make sure to vote for your favorite make up look by clicking over here. If any questions, you could always email me below!
Have a great Monday and a fabulous week 🙂 xoxoN